PyML - machine learning in Python
PyML is an interactive object oriented framework for machine learning written in Python.
PyML focuses on SVMs and other kernel methods. It is supported on Linux and Mac OS X.
- Added wrapper for liblinear in version 0.7.8. This allows extremely
fast training of linear SVMs.
- Classifiers: support vector machines, nearest neighbor, ridge regression
- Multi-class methods (one-against-rest and one-against-one)
- Feature selection (filter methods, RFE)
- Model selection
- Preprocessing and normalization
- Syntax for combining classifiers
- Classifier testing (cross-validation, error rates, ROC curves)
- Various kernels for biological sequences (several variants of the
spectrum kernel, and the weighted-degree kernel).